In preparation for the International Future Media Forum there was organized by RIA Novosti a round table discussion:"The Future of Journalism: quality versus quantity" on Tuesday 10th May 2011 in Moscow Expocentre.
The event became a part of the international exhibition CSTB-2011, organized by the Ministry of Communications of the Russian Federation and RIA Novosti was a media partner.
During the discussion, well-known Russian experts and bloggers presented their vision of journalism development, their experience in working with media audience in the production of content and its distribution in a rapidly growing social networking and the Russian blogosphere. There were discussed such topics as: the economic strategy and a new model of professional media, able to ensure quality and maintain intelligence; the future opinion leaders, balance between information availability and protection of copyrights, as well as the role of "civic" journalism.
- Editor in chief of Novaya Gazeta Dmitry Muratov;
- Editor in Chief of Gazeta.ru Michael Kotov;
- Chairman of the Russian Union of Journalists Vsevolod Bogdanov;
- Deputy Editor-in-Chief and First Deputy Head of Integrated News Department in RIA Novosti Natalia Loseva;
- Writer, social activist, videoblogger Oleg Kozyrev;
- Blogger Rustem Adagamov "DRUGOI";
- Vice-President of the Association of Communications Agencies of Russia Alexander Mitroshenkov.
The round table was held in May 10, 2011 from 16:00 to 18:00 in Moscow at the Expocentre, Congress Centre, Hall "Skylight", Floor 2, at: Krasnopresnenskaya Nab. 14.