The European Journalism Centre (EJC) is an independent, international, non-profit institute dedicated to the highest standards in journalism, primarily through the further training of journalists and media professionals. Building on its extensive international network, the Centre operates as a facilitator and partner in a wide variety of training projects.
The main goals of the EJC are to:
• promote high quality journalism through professional training, particularly in a European context;
• provide a forum for discussion, debate, and exchanges of views and experience for journalists, editors, media executives and other media professionals;
• support, through training and networking, high standards of journalism in developing countries;
• promote further journalism training that answers the needs of media professionals and the media industry;
• monitor and reflect, via research, surveys and publications, on the present and future challenges facing the media;
• create and support networks among media professionals within Europe and with other parts of the world.
The EJC plays a unique role at the European level as a partner and organiser for media companies, professional organisations, journalism schools and governmental bodies seeking to establish activities and projects.